Moon Jae-in sworn in as new S. Korean president, makes appointments
- Democrats see a winning issue in opposing GOP health bill
- On day one of Darbar, Mehbooba says situation will improve
- Here is how to use Snapchat's video Loop tool
- Video allegedly shows Palestinian hunger striker Marwan Barghouti sneaking food
- Jose Mourinho has no issues with Arsene Wenger ahead of weekend meeting
- Leicester revival continues with 3-0 win over Watford
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Sets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Molinari leads after Wells Fargo opener
- Israel to withhold $1M in funding after UNESCO vote
- France warns against republishing hacked Macron campaign emails
- Trump says NRA gun lobby has 'friend' in White House
- Mama June Shows Off Dramatic Weight Loss in 'Baywatch'-Style Bathing Suit
- Disney sets May 2019 release date for new 'Star Wars' film
- Officer who killed unarmed black 15-year-old fired, identified by department
- Led Zeppelin reunion rumours triggered by cryptic Robert Plant message
May 11, 2017
Puerto Rico announces huge, historic debt restructuring
The New York Times reports that the filing includes $74 billion in debt and $49 billion in pension obligations. Natural Resources already held a hearing this year about PREPA, Puerto Rico's debt-strapped power utility.
May 10, 2017
Teen gets free nuggets from Wendys, breaks Twitter record
Previously, the most shared tweet was Ellen DeGeneres' Oscars selfie , which Guinness said had 3,430,249 retweets as of Tuesday. To make an additional donation to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption check out the Nuggs For Carter website .
May 10, 2017
Teen 'owns up to' tossing 68-year-old woman in Florida pool
Her second dog managed to flee before it was pulled into the pool. "I went back to see what happened and she came out the pool". The incident is believed to have taken place on Saturday (local time), but it isn't known whether police got involved.
May 08, 2017
Hamas says Ismail Haniyeh chosen as Islamic group's leader
Analysts said that in trying to create a compromise among opposing factions, the new document failed to fully satisfy any of them. Hamas officials said the revised document in no way amounts to recognition of Israel as demanded by the global community.
May 07, 2017
A look at the House Republican health care bill
It would slash funding for Medicaid, the program that provides insurance for the poor, and roll back much of Medicaid's expansion. Democrats said the American Health Care Act will leave millions uninsured, ABC News reported.
May 06, 2017
TSX notches biggest gain in 2 months as oil rebounds
ET, while S&P 500 e-mini futures ESc1 were up 0.06 percent and Nasdaq 100 e-mini futures NQc1 were up 0.05 percent. The overall financials group, which accounts for more than a third of the weight of the index, gained 1.0 percent.
May 06, 2017
North Korea accuses US, South Korea of assassination attempt
North Korea frequently lambasts the United States and South Korea, but its accusation Friday was unusual in its detail. One day, Moon stunned Roh by saying that while North Korea's leadership should be punished, its citizens should not.
May 05, 2017
Google parent Alphabet's profit up 29 percent on strong ad sales
Outperforming Wall Street expectations, Google's parent company Alphabet posted the first-quarter earning reports on Thursday. Aggregate cost per click fell 19% year over year, and cost per click on Google properties fell 21%.
May 04, 2017
J&K Governor meets Rajnath, discusses Kashmir situation
Earlier in the day, the Election Commission has cancelled the Anantnag Lok Sabha bypoll citing that the situation in the valley was not feasible to hold elections.
May 04, 2017
Black Americans living lover, but disparities remain, CDC reports
The good news is that the overall death rate for black people in the United States has declined about 25 percent in recent years. According to the report, social and economic factors such as poverty are partly accountable for the differences in health.